NextGen Laboratories offers rapid and accurate testing of onychomycosis (Nail Fungus) utilizing advanced next generation sequencing (NGS) technology. We are a specialty laboratory service provider, providing results reports and customer support to clinicians to help better guide targeted therapy and improve patient outcomes.
- On-line/web-based reports and supply ordering
- 24/7 access to lab reports
- Live customer service
Onychomycosis is a common disease of the nail. It is the cause of roughly 50% of nail deformities and affects approximately 14-18% of people living in the USA. Laboratory testing is important to aid in identifying the pathology of the nail deformation in order to determine a proper treatment plan.
Conditions of psoriasis and malignant melanoma can mimic the appearance of fungal infections
Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) based panel for nail fungus (onychomycosis) tests for the following pathogens:
- Trichophyton rubrum
- Aspergillus fumigatus
- Aspergillus niger
- Acremonium strictum
- Aspergillus terreus
- Aspergillus versicolor
- Epidermophyton floccosum
- Fusarium solani
- Microsporum canis
- mecA gene (most common in MRSA) The mecA gene transfers resistance to methicillin, penicillin and other penicillin-like antibiotics.
- Scopulariopsis brevicaulis
- Scytalidium dimidiatum
- Trichophyton interdigitale (T. mentagrophytes)